A great way to get your kids involved in the preparation for their first year at school or even for their return is to get crafty! Kids always head out with a backpack filled with pencils and books and seem to return with less and less as the year wanes one. Perk up their interest in starting school with some of these fun ways to personalise their back-to-school gear.
Go wild on the notebooks
This is a simple yet fun activity that not only helps your kids get excited for school but also helps them identify their belongings. You can use a few different techniques to decorate your children’s notebooks including:
- Use colourful contact paper or even styles with your son’s favourite superhero or your daughter’s favourite princess on them.
- Cover the notebooks in all white and get your kids to draw and decorate them however they like.
- Stick on pictures of their favourite things, characters or even their favourite pet.
A hot tip when it comes to decorating books, cover the final product with a clear contact to ensure it lasts the school year.
Funk up their pencil collection
There are many different ways to personalise your child’s pencil collection, one of the simplest ways is to top them with a small toy. All you need is the following:
- A pipe cleaner
- A pencil
- A small figurine (no bigger than a Lego figurine)
The process is very simple, all you have to do is wrap the pipe cleaner around the top of the pencil and then again around the small toy, and SHAZAM! You have yourself a cool little pencil topper. The best thing about this craft idea is that it is so simple that your child can sit and make as many as they like on their own.
Chip bag key chains
Now, this is one crafty task that will require adult supervision. Turn your chip packets into a small little key chain your kids can dangle off their school bags with pride. Take an empty packet of your kid’s favourite chips (plastic outside, aluminum inside) and place it on an oven tray with baking paper beneath and on top. Place the tray and chip packet into a preheated 100 degree Celsius oven for 10 minutes. Remove the tray and the baking paper to reveal a shrunken chip packet! Thread an old key chain loop through the corner and attach it to their bag. They will be fascinated by the transformation and excited to show it off to their friends!
Oz Labels Products For You
More related posts here:
- Back to School: A Handy List You Should Have
- Why Parents Should Use Name Labels for Kids in School?
- 5 Lunch Box Recipes Your Kids Can Make On Their Own
- Kids Name Labels for School, Clothing, and Home: How to Teach Organisation, Confidence, and Self-Expression
- A Beginner’s Guide to Meal Prep
Share this post: